As Wedding Season kicks into high gear, I always like to see which of the predicted wedding trends make a really big showing in my local area. Several months ago, I posted some of the predictions for 2008. Here is an updated list by www.TheWeddingReport.com:
Did you know these trends for 2008?
- Designers are pushing wedding dresses with alternative styles and necklines, but brides still favor the strapless gown.
- The biggest trend for bridesmaids’ attire is the wear-again dress.
- Couples still prefer traditional white wedding cakes, but custom-designed cakes are becoming popular.
- Consistently designed invitations, save-the-date cards, programs, escort/place cards, menus, and thank-you cards are becoming trendy.
- Cinematic videography is a new and exciting alternative to standard photography and video services.
- Online photo showcasing, which allows couples, their family and friends to view, share and purchase wedding photographs is a rising trend.
- Extravagant weddings that include big gowns, multiple wardrobe changes, towering lush floral centerpieces, gilded place settings, seven course meals, and elaborate desert displays are expected for 2008.
- 1980’s fashion styles are popular, including textured dresses, bright colors, wide belts or sashes, big jewelry, and cover bands.
- White gold and platinum wedding rings continue to outpace yellow gold.
- Currently in style are antique wedding rings for men and women, as well as exaggerated, big, bold jewelry.
- Destination weddings are growing in popularity due to all-inclusive packages offered by resorts and easy planning through their websites.
- High-end kitchen gear and practical cooking items are currently popular wedding gifts.
Statistics above provided by: TheWeddingReport.com